Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My plea to the NHS: decide whether or not my life is worth saving, and call me | Stacie Lewis

I have leukaemia. I’m a mum. A second bone marrow tranplant is my only chance but the NHS must approve it. Six weeks on I’m still in the dark, waiting …

Two years ago, my world fell out from under me when I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia.

I had no idea. The day my GP phoned and asked me casually if I might be able to make my way up to King’s College hospital that afternoon for further tests, I had been on my way to the leisure centre. I continued on and swam 30 laps before I arrived [at the hospital].

Are decisions made within NHS England based on money, or what is the best treatment to save my life?

Every time I get that call, I think it is THE call. My heart rips open in my chest

Continue reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment