Advisory issued after tens of thousands of commuters may have been exposed to disease by Bay Area’s first confirmed case since outbreak began in December
Tens of thousands of commuters may have been exposed to measles after an infectious employee – apparently en route from vaccination-averse Silicon Valley – traveled by train into and out of San Francisco last week, county health officials said on Wednesday.
Contra Costa Public Health officials issued an advisory to riders of San Francisco’s Bay Area Rapid Transit (Bart) system on Wednesday after confirming the area’s first case of measles since a massive outbreak began in California in December and quickly spread across the US. The infected employee rode the Bart to and from work for three days last week, officials said. The infectious employee also went to a restaurant and bar in San Francisco last week.
Vaccination rate at Google's and Pixar's daycare is less than 50% http://t.co/6GFxs6VDI2 pic.twitter.com/NHrrW3ys6H
Continue reading...
No comments:
Post a Comment